To connect to a Canvas site on an iOS device, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the Canvas app from the Apple App Store.
- Tap to launch, and when prompted, enter yale2 in the Find your school or district text field.
- Sign into the CAS with your Yale Net ID and password.
- Authorize your account.
Note: By checking the “Remember my authorization for this service” box, you will not be required to sign in each time.
To connect to a Mac computer using the VNC iPad app viewer, the first step will be to configure the Mac computer. The next step will be to find the iPad address of the Mac computer. The last step is to configure the VNC iPad app on an iPad. Find instructions for each step below.
Configuring VNC Settings on a Mac computer
- Open System Preferences (Apple icon > System Preferences…) and click on the Sharing icon.
- Place a check in the Screen Sharing box under the Service list to activate screen sharing.
- Click the Computer Settings… button in the right-hand column.
- Check the “VNC viewers may control screen with password:” box.
- Add a password up to eight characters in length and click the OK button.
NOTE: This password will be needed when prompted by the VNC Viewer app on the iPad.
- Under “Allow access for:” in the right-hand column, select the “Only these users:” radio button.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add a user and select your name from the list. Click the Select button.
- Close the System Preferences window
Find your IP Address on a Mac Computer
- Open System Preferences (Apple icon > System Preferences…) and click on the Network icon.
- Select the connection type (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and find the IP address in the right-hand column
Using VNC Viewer on an iPad
- Download the VNC Viewer app from the Apple App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vnc-viewer/id352019548?mt=8
- Launch the VNC Viewer app and configure a new connection to your remote computer by tapping the plus sign (+) at the top right of the screen.
- When prompted, enter the IP address of your remote computer, type in a computer name (e.g., Office Computer), and tap Save in the top right corner. Tap Picture Quality to adjust screen resolution (Automatic is the default setting).
- Once the remote computer settings have been entered, tap the thumbnail icon of the computer to start a session. Tap Connect in the top right corner to continue.
NOTE: An Encryption window will appear warning that data will be transmitted insecurely. By using Yale’s VPN connection via the Cisco AnyConnect app, a layer of encryption will be provided. VNC Viewer does, however, offer a personal license that has an added layer of encryption. The VNC client will first need to be installed on the remote computer. More information can be found on this page.
- On the Authentication window, type your VNC password you created on your remote computer (step 5 from the previous section) and tap Done in the top right corner.
NOTE: The Remember Password setting can be enabled, however, it is not advised.
- Upon successful connection to your remote computer, the Desktop will appear along with the VNC toolbar at the top of the screen. Tap a toolbar icon for different functions.
Hide the toolbar Show Mac keyboard keys
Show mouse button functions
Show connection information and VNC
Close Connection iOS Info https://www.realvnc.com/products/ios/