- 1 ► How do I create an Apple ID to download apps?
- 2 ► How to sign in with a different Apple ID on my iPad?
- 3 ► Can I download apps, music, movies and iBooks to a class-set iPad?
- 4 ► How do I manage my Apple ID, including changing my password?
- 5 ► Can I sync my iPad in iTunes on my personal computer?
- 6 ► How do I redeem an iOS app with a redemption code?
- 7 ► I cannot update any of the pre-installed apps on my iPad. What can I do?
- 8 ► How do I erase all the data on my iPad before returning it?
► How do I create an Apple ID to download apps?
You can create an Apple ID within iTunes. The following page give instructions:
If you do not have a credit card, or do not want to tie a credit card to your iTunes account, follow the instructions on the following page (look under the subheading: Creating an account on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch):
Alternatively, you can use the web page form found here:
► How to sign in with a different Apple ID on my iPad?
Taken from Apple KB article ht1311
If you should need to sign in your iPad with another Apple ID, or log out of your Apple ID, the steps below show you how to do so.
► Can I download apps, music, movies and iBooks to a class-set iPad?
Yes, you can download any additional apps or media content to the iPad (free or paid) using your personal iTunes account. Any item your downloaded will always be retained in your personal iTunes account and can be transferred to another iOS device in the future. If you do not have an iTunes account, see the following FAQ for more details: I don’t have an iTunes account. How do I create one?
► How do I manage my Apple ID, including changing my password?
You can manage your Apple ID by visiting the following page:
► Can I sync my iPad in iTunes on my personal computer?
The iPads are managed with a Bass Library imaging tool that limits personal iTunes account synchronizing to prevent copying paid apps and media content from the iPad to another personal iTunes account. You can, however sync photos and videos from the iPad with your personal computer. It is strongly recommended that critical data be backed-up to a cloud-based solution, e.g., Google Drive or Box. For more information on back-up options, see What cloud-based solutions are available on the iPad to save my data? FAQ.
► How do I redeem an iOS app with a redemption code?
Redemption codes can be used to redeem an app in the App Store by entering a 16-digit code using the redeem feature. To redeem a code for an iOS device app do the following:
- Launch the App Store on your iPad.
- Tap the Featured button at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap the Redeem button.
- If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
- For iOS 7 devices, tap the “You can also enter your code manually” link.
- Enter the redemption code and tap the Redeem button in the upper right-hand corner. A verification window will appear.
- The app will automatically download to your device.
► I cannot update any of the pre-installed apps on my iPad. What can I do?
As the iPads are managed by the Bass Library, a Bass Library iTunes account is used to install, retain, and maintain all paid app licenses. Thus, it is necessary for the iTunes account manager to apply any updates to all the licensed, pre-installed apps. If, however you are using the Meraki application management system, you are able to update any/all apps downloaded from the app store via the system.
Free apps, however, can be removed and updated by downloading the latest version from the App Store with your own Apple ID. To remove a free app do the following:
- Tap and hold an app you want to delete.
- The apps will begin to jiggle.
- Tap the “x” on the app you want to delete.
To update any/all paid apps on your iPad, contact Lauren King at lauren.kingyale.edu or the Instructional Technology Group at itgyale.edu to schedule an appointment.
► How do I erase all the data on my iPad before returning it?
Apple iPads have a setting to delete all data and reset the device to factory settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. Please note that once the iPad has been reset there is no way to retrieve your data, thus it is recommended to save any important data a cloud-source solution.
More information on the erase feature can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2110