The conferences will be held on the Yale University campus in the Sterling Library Lecture Hall. The main entrance to the Sterling Library is located at 120 High Street in New Haven, Connecticut.
We can guarantee 2 nights lodging for all invited guest participants to be covered by Yale University. Additional hotel nights will depend on room availability and the ability of guests to help cover costs. Please contact Hélène Landemore (email@example.com) if you need to request additional nights for lodging during the conferences.
Out-of-town guests will be housed at The Study at Yale Hotel located at 1157 Chapel Street in downtown New Haven within walking distance of Sterling Library (approximately 9 minutes). LINK TO WALKING DIRECTIONS
All hotel reservations will be booked through a master rooming list. Invited guests can confirm their lodging when completing the appropriate online registration form by Friday, January 26, 2024. Please check conference schedules and determine your travel itinerary before completing the registration form.
All invited guests are required to complete an online registration form by Monday, January 22, 2024. Please check conference schedules and determine your travel itinerary before completing the registration form.
Registration for the “Governing Citizens’ Assemblies” Conference:
February 28-29, 2024 with pre-conference dinner on February 27
- Link to “Governing Citizens’ Assemblies” Conference Schedule
- Link to “Governing Citizens’ Assemblies” Conference Registration Form
Registration for the “Governing (with) AI” Confereence:
February 29-March 1, 2024 with pre-conference dinner on February 28
- Link to “Governing (with) AI” Conference Schedule
- Link to “Governing (with) AI” Conference Registration Form
TRAVELING TO NEW HAVEN
Yale will cover the cost of transportation to/from the conference venue located in New Haven, Connecticut. Please note that meals during travel will not be reimbursed.
For questions or assistance with booking travel, please contact Kira Wishart (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conference guests will be responsible for arranging their own air travel and will be reimbursed based on submitted receipts after successful attendance at the conference. Reimbursement for airfare will be capped at $800 for domestic flights and $1200 for international flights.
New Haven is in proximity to these airports:
- Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN) is a convenient 10-15 minute taxi ride to the Yale campus and provides regional service on Avelo Airlines. Link to Service Destinations
- Bradley International Airport/Hartford (BDL) is about a 1-hour drive to New Haven and is marketed as the “no hassle” alternative to the New York City airports. It is served by all major airlines and is reasonably easy to access from New Haven.
- New York City area airports are about 2-2.5 hours driving time from New Haven. See section on “Connecting Ground Transportation” for more information.
Travelers are expected to select the least expensive airfare within the main cabin class (e.g., economy, coach) that is consistent with business requirements. Additional fees for checked luggage and seat selection within the main cabin class are are also allowed. Generally, Yale University does not reimburse travelers for first-class travel, trip cancellation insurance, or refundable flight tickets unless an exception is approved in advance by the Yale Controller’s Office.
After you have booked your air travel, please forward a copy of your flight receipt with complete itinerary to Kira Wishart (email@example.com) so she can help coordinate your connecting ground transportation.
Connecting Ground Transportation
We will be coordinating connecting ground transportation for those traveling to New Haven by air. Here are some of the options that we will be arranging:
- If you are flying into Tweed New Haven Airport, you can take a taxi or rideshare (e.g., Uber or Lyft) to the conference hotel or to the Yale campus (approximately 15 minutes from Tweed Airport).
- If you are flying into Bradley Airport or one of the New York City airports (LGA, JFK, EWR), we will be coordinating your connecting ground transportation:
- Bradley/BDL: Options include taxi/rideshare service or private car service. Kira will be able to recommend the best option based on your travel needs.
- LaGuardia Airport/LGA: Kira will coordinate and book your connecting ground transportation.
- JFK International Airport/JFK: Kira will coordinate and book your connecting ground transportation. We will be arranging van pools when possible based on the timing of flight arrivals and departures.
- Newark International Airport/EWR: Kira will arrange for connecting Amtrak train service between EWR and New Haven depending on arrival and departure times. If you would like to check the Amtrak train schedule when planning your air travel, please visit the Amtrak website at this link.
Amtrak Train Travel
Amtrak train service is available along the northeast corridor from Boston, New York (Moynihan Train Hall/Penn Station), Philadelphia, Washington, DC and points in between, to Union Station in New Haven.
Train travel on Amtrak can be booked through our Yale Egencia account at a discounted rate. Please contact Kira Wishart (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule.
Commuter Train Travel from NYC on Metro-North
Metro-North Railroad provides more frequent commuter train service between Grand Central Terminal in New York City and Union Station in New Haven. Transportation on Metro-North must be booked by the traveler and receipts submitted for reimbursement after the conference. Visit their website for times and fares.
Driving and Parking in New Haven
For those of you who might drive a personal or rented car to New Haven, The Study at Yale Hotel offers overnight valet parking which will be covered along with your room charges.
It is recommended that you leave your car parked at the hotel and either walk or take a taxi to Sterling Library. Parking on the Yale campus is limited and on-street parking can be expensive.
Local Ground Transportation
Taxi service in New Haven is available through M7 or Metro Taxi by calling 203-777-7777. Please call at least 20 minutes in advance of your departure time for pick up.
If you have a rideshare account with Uber or Lyft, those services are also available in New Haven as reliable sources of local ground transportation.
Walking between the hotel and conference site is also an option if the weather allows. The Study at Yale Hotel is a 9-minute walk from the Sterling Memorial Library (about 0.4 of a mile). LINK TO WALKING DIRECTIONS
COVID-19: YALE VISITORS POLICY
A visitor is any individual coming to campus who is not a Yale student, faculty member, employee, or trainee.
To protect the health and safety of the community, all visitors:
- Are strongly encouraged to be up-to-date with COVID-19 and other vaccinations as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention before coming to campus;
- Must be asymptomatic for illness (including COVID-19) when traveling to campus;
- Must follow all campus health and safety measures required by their host while on campus or participating in a university event;
- Must mask, isolate, and test immediately if they develop any symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 while on campus.
- Should have a personal contingency plan in case they test positive for COVID-19 during their campus visit.
For more information, visit the Yale COVID-19 Information website.