Search engine optimization is a bit of a tricky art. There are things you can do to improve the visibility of the site.
1. From Dashboard>Settings>Google Analytics, sign up for an UA code from Google and enter it on the Google Analytics settings page on your blog. You can then see stats about your site on the Google Analytics web page. Statistics are also visible on the Dashboard of your site.
2. You can also leverage JetPack stats – contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about JetPack settings.
2. Link to the site from everywhere you possibly can, especially from established and reputable sites.
3. Use SiteImprove. Send an email to email@example.com(link sends e-mail) with the site you would like access to (provide the name and URL of the site). They will email you back when the site is ready for you to log in and view. Once you have access, you can begin to explore the following modules. and use SiteImprove
4. Make sure your posts contain search optimized titles and content (if you want people to find you based on your research topics or your name those need to be in the title and content of the pages, if you want them to search for your name and Yale, make sure that Yale is in the title or content).
5.You probably will need to wait on the order of 5-10 calendar days to see whether the efforts are paying off.