As an administrator of a site you can add Yale and non-Yale users to your site. Yale users login with a netid through Yale’s authentication system. Non-Yale users login using the local login system. You need only add users to your site if you have set the privacy settings to anything but Public and you need users to view (subscriber) or write (author) on your site.
Adding a Yale User
As an admin you are allowed to add Yale users who have already logged into CampusPress.
- Invite them to login with CAS at http://campuspress.yale.edu.
- Once they have logged in, go to your Dashboard>Sites>Users>Add new.
- Under Add Exiting User, enter the email address of the user and select their role.
Roles are the following (see User Role Overview)
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.
If you cannot locate the individual and adding the user returns “The requested user does not exist.” You can add a Yale netid holder 2 ways:
- Ask the Yale user to login at CampusPress – they will bee added as a user and you can now add them as an “existing user”.
- Use the Invite User plugin.
Adding a Non-Yale User
- Non-Yale users have a local login.
- Use the Invite User Plugin for non-Yale users.