The New Haven Financial Empowerment Center is able to help!
- They have certified financial counselors available to assist you!
- Video & Phone conferencing are available by Appointment
- CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT BY CONTACTING THE OFFCE
- Feel free to contact the New Haven Financial Empowerment Center to learn more and make an appointment about our services: Call 203-946-8523
The Connecticut Department of Housing (DOH) announced that its new Temporary Rental Housing Assistance Program (TRHAP) will accept applications starting 8AM on July 15, 2020.
- Eligible households can get a maximum of $4,000 in rental assistance for rent owed over the 12-month period beginning March 1, 2020, with a limit of $1,000 per month
- Tenants will be required to pay 30% of their lowest gross income amount (received in March, April, OR May) for rent to their landlord for the months they receive TRHAP funds
- TRHAP will give priority to those who have been denied unemployment benefits and/or denied Pandemic Unemployment Assistance and to low-income households
- Payments will be made directly to the Landlord/Property Manager on the tenant’s behalf
How to apply:
- Call 1-860-785-3111 and speak to a Call Center Representative to find out if you are eligible for rental assistance
- DOH will review the information and, if you qualify, assign you to the appropriate Housing Counseling Agency (HCA)
- The HCA will contact and work with you to complete the full application
- TRHAP has a number of eligibility requirements – if you have questions about whether you qualify for
- assistance, you should call 1-860-785-3111 and speak to a Call Center Representative
- Take notes of who you talk to & when, and save all paperwork or responses you get from TRHAP
Issues with remote learning? Check-out the New Haven Public Schools Resources for Remote Learning Website.
“New Haven Public Schools educators are committed to serving the needs of all students and although, remote learning has created new challenges for us, we are improving our practice and providing better access to the district’s core curriculum each day. The resources listed here can be used by
parents, caregivers or educators who are engaging students in learning during the period of time when physical distancing is a top priority. Check back, as we will be updating the page as more resources and information become avaialble.