The Avalon team at Indiana University and Northwestern University is pleased to announce the release of Avalon Media System 4.0.1. Version 4.0.1 adds the following capabilities over the previous version 3.3:
· New Metadata Fields: Notes, More Identifiers, Table of Contents
· Structural Metadata: Navigation by structure, create and edit structure
· Wowza Support: Wowza Media Server integration with Avalon’s authorization
· Hydra 8: Latest versions of Fedora 3 backed Hydra dependencies
· Accessibility Improvements: Navigation of web page elements with screen reader and tab key; using player controls with keyboard
· Active Encode: New transcoding API to support use of alternative transcoding engines
· oEmbed Support: Avalon provides an oEmbed service with autodiscovery headers on item pages
· LTI integration improvements: Avalon provides LTI URLs for direct access to item or sections when used with a Learning Management System such as Canvas
· Offset URLs: Avalon users can now create URLs that jump to specified points within video or audio files.
Current users of Avalon 3.3 can take advantage of these new features by upgrading Avalon 3.3 to 4.0.1.