- New York University, Postdoctoral Fellow, Prison Education Program, 2019–present
- Yale University, Ph.D.,Political Science, 2019
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, M.A. Political Philosophy, 2011
- Università degli Studi di Milano, B.A. History, 2010
Writing and Research
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- “Let Me Bill-Free: Consumer Debt in the Shadow of Incarceration.” With Annie Harper and Stacey Barrenger. Sociological Perspectives. 2020.
- “Debt, Incarceration, and Re-entry: a Scoping Review” With Annie Harper, Callie Ginapp, Alyssa Grimshaw, Marissa Justen, Alaa Mohamedali, Isaiah Thomas, and Lisa Puglisi. American Journal of Criminal Justice. 2020
- “The Moral Logic of Gifts: Social Network Support in Conditions of Structural Vulnerability.” With Liat Krieger and Annie Harper.
- “Until You Get Back on Your Feet: Care, Abandonment, and Domestic Relations in Marginalized Households.”
- “Surviving Austerity in the Contemporary American Prison.” With Zach Gillespie and Thuy Linh Tu
Book Projects in Progress
- The Construction of Quantitative Evidence in Contemporary Political Science. A Turn to Practice. Under contract with Cambridge University Press. With Peter Aronow, Joshua Kalla, Consuelo Amat, Hilton Simmet.
- Hidden Labors: Households, Markets, and State Power in an American City. In progress.
Policy Reports & Public Writing
- “Debt and Incarceration: a Community Guide.” With Annie Harper, Avery Youngblood, and Herdimas Anggara. 2020.
- “USA: quando lo stato si vede solo nella violenza della polizia.” lavoce.info. June 2020.