Winner of the 2013 Best Book Award of the Comparative Democratization Section of the American Political Science Association.
- Regime Data: Authoritarian Spells, 1946-2008; Authoritarian Spells, country-year format, 1946-2008; No-Authority Spells, 1946-2008; Regime Type and No-Authority Periods, 1946-2008; Regime Type and No-Authority Periods, country-year format,1946-2008 (zipped data in csv, excel, and stata formats, codebook)
- Leader and Ruling Coalition Data: Leadership Change in Dictatorships, 1946-2008; Leadership Change in Dictatorships, leader-year format, 1946-2008; Authoritarian Ruling Coalitions, 1946-2008 (zipped data in csv, excel, and stata formats, codebook)
- Institutions Data: Institutions in Dictatorships, 1946-2008 (zipped data in csv, excel, and stata formats, codebook)
- Incentives, Institutions, and the Challenges to Research on Authoritarian Politics in the APSA Comparative Democratization Newsletter (June 2013)
- Moral Hazard in Authoritarian Repression and the Fate of Dictators in the Political Economist (Winter 2011)
- An interview on the Arab Spring in Inside Illinois (December 1, 2011)