To participate in the Open Round, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in high school, receiving home school education, or in the process of obtaining a GED or other high school equivalency
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor’s degree granting institution
- Currently enrolled in a two-year Associate’s degree granting institution
The Open Round includes 15 multiple-choice questions in three categories: probability in biomedical context, biostatistics, and applied machine learning for human health. You have 10 minutes to answer as many of the 15 questions as possible.
Students must observe the following rules. In the event of a suspicious submission, a student’s competition status may be subject to review and/or disqualification at the discretion of Yale Biostatistics and Machine Learning Bowl organizers.
- Students can only have one account with the quiz platform and may only complete the exam once.
- Students must complete the exam by themselves, without using the internet, books, family, friends, teachers, or other resources.
- Students must meet the eligibility criteria to participate.
The Open Round exam can be found here. The 10 minute timer starts only when the student begins the questions (it is not counting down when the student is filling out their name and school information).