Navin Kumar is currently a PhD student at the Yale University Sociology Department. He has used altruism to increase uptake of gonorrhea and chlamydia testing among gay and bisexual men in China. He also seeks to understand how social networks affect treatment retention and patient engagement among people receiving treatment for opioid use disorder, to better tailor services for people at higher risk of treatment failure. He is currently exploring the views of major organizations in the US legal cannabis space, to craft better cannabis policy. In the longer term, he aims to provide policy-relevant and research-driven solutions, for a range of industries and spaces.
- Kumar N, Puljević C, Ferris J, Winstock A, Barratt M. Cannabis Use Patterns at the Dawn of US Cannabis Reform. J Cannabis Res. Forthcoming.
- Grov C, Kumar N. HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Is Coming to Europe, but Are Gay Men Ready to Accept It? Qualitative Findings from Berlin, Germany. Sex Res Soc Policy. 2018;15(3):283-289. doi:10.1007/s13178-017-0278-9
- Kumar N, Grov C. Exploring the Occupational Context of Independent Male Escorts Who Seek Male Clients: The Case of Job Success. Am J Mens Health. December 2017:1557988317746836. doi:10.1177/1557988317746836
- Kumar N, Scott J, Minichiello V. Masculinity and the Occupational Experience of Male Independent Escorts Who Seek Male Clients. Soc Sci. 2017;6(2):58. doi:10.3390/socsci6020058
- Kumar N, Minichiello V, Scott J, Harrington T. A Global Overview of Male Escort Websites. J Homosex. November 2016:1-14. doi:10.1080/00918369.2016.1265356
- Kumar N, Lee CKC. Regulatory focus and workplace behaviour: Organisational citizenship behaviour, workplace deviance and the moderating role of gender. J Gen Manag. 2014;39(4):27-53.
Book Chapters, Monographs
- Kumar N. Methods of Male Sex Work Research: Recommendations and Future Research Opportunities. In: Deflem M, Silva D, eds. Methods of Criminology and Criminal Justice Research. Vol 24. Sociology of Crime, Law, and Deviance. Emerald; Forthcoming.
- Kumar N. SpringerBriefs in Finance: Chronic Regulatory Focus and Financial Decision-Making: Asset and Portfolio Allocation. Singapore: Springer Science+Business Media; 2015.
- Kumar N. How the Cannabis Industry Illuminates Changing Political Dynamics Between Private and Public Interests. Scholars Strategy Network; 2018. https://scholars.org/brief/how-cannabis-industry-illuminates-changing-political-dynamics-between-private-and-public.