► Creating a Post:
- Click “New Post” under User Tools in the right sidebar.
- You will be directed to the Dashboard of the Administrative Interface for the blog.
- Title your post and add content. Use the upload media icon at the top of the post to add image or other media files if desired.
- Use the authoring field to write your post. Help documents can also be found by clicking the blue help tab.
- When you have completed your post, select a category or tag and click “Publish” to make it readable. Click “Draft” to save your work as pending for a later time (the post will only visible to you if saved as a draft).
► Embedding a YouTube or Vimeo video into a post:
This is a linked YouTube address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEvy-9yVyQ
This is the same YouTube address inserted into the post as plain text:
Here is a Vimeo example:
As a link: http://vimeo.com/8710803
► Commenting on a Post:
You can comment on any post in one of three ways:
Note that you can comment on comments to form a thread.
► Profile Options:
You can change your display name settings to show your full name, nickname, etc., by doing the following:
- Select “Edit My Profile” from under your name in the Admin Bar at the top of the screen.
- On your Profile page, edit the fields accordingly.
- Click the “Update Profile” button at the bottom of the page to save any changes.
► Opting out of email notifications:
- Select “Dashboard” from the Admin Bar at the top of the screen.
- Click the down arrow next to Profile and select “Post Notifier.”
- Place a check in the box to disable further notifications and click the “Save Changes” button.
► Finding Help:
Click the blue help tab to expand for common help topics.
► Screen Options:
Depending upon your screen resolution, the editor toolbar may be cut off. One easy fix is to change the screen layout from two columns to on column. Use the Screen Options tab found in the upper right-hand corner to make the change.