2019 MECHA DE YALE SUEÑOS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
THIS $1000 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD IS INTENDED FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS WITH OR WITHOUT DACA.
- High school senior with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Currently attends a public high school in Hamden, West Haven, East Haven, New Haven, or North Haven
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited college or university or List of the colleges/universities you have applied to and are considering attending
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a document with your answers to the application questions along with the required supplemental documents to email@example.com by 11:59 PM on April 1st, 2019. Please send these documents in PDF form. Essay questions may be answered in either English or Spanish.
- SHORT ESSAY QUESTIONS (500 words or less):
- What are your educational and professional goals? What people or things inspire you to succeed in these goals?
- We at MEChA de Yale value the importance of giving back to our surrounding communities in order to strive together. Please describe your engagement in your community (volunteer or paid) and what perspectives you have gained and lessons you have learned from your experiences.
- LONG ESSAY QUESTION (1000 words or less):
- How has your status as an undocumented student affected the way you see yourself, your family, or your community? (There is no need to answer all three questions, just focus on the aspects most meaningful to you).
- REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTAL DOCUMENTS:
- Copy of your official transcript that includes your full name, high school information, and cumulative GPA.
- Copy of the letter of acceptance to the accredited college/university that you plan to attend.
- One letter of recommendation or contact information for a professional reference (a teacher, counselor, or supervisor who can speak to your work ethic)
- This should include the reference’s name, relationship to you, email, and phone number. If you are not providing a letter, please let your reference know that we will be contacting them regarding your application.
Completed applications are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on April 1st, 2019