Now that Quicksearch is available for review by Library staff, the Quicksearch Implementation team will focus its efforts on three categories of work.
First, we will fix any bugs or other errors reported by staff as part of the review process.
Second, we will write documentation, both to highlight the new and exciting search features of Quicksearch, and to document the metadata mappings that are currently in use.
Finally, we are planning to develop a long list of new features.
Most of the new features focus on replicating our existing patron services, but some, like the dynamic display of Item Statuses from Morris, will be brand new, and something we haven’t been able to do in other systems in the past.
Here is our upcoming schedule for the development of these new features:
- Add links to online materials directly from the search results list
- Create a new ‘Resources about Yale” archival resource
- Login to your account
- Create bookmarks
- Export to Endnote and Refworks
- Expand the list of Summon Facets
- Place Orbis Requests in Quicksearch
- Display Morris Item Statuses in Quicksearch holdings
- Use the Morris API to do daily record updates
Spring / Early Summer 2015
- Scan and Deliver Requests
- Aeon Requests
- Integrate Findit as a new resource in Quicksearch
- Borrow Direct / Hathi Trust direct linking