All-team, one year effort to upgrade to Blacklight 6.7, Ruby 2.3.1, Rails 4.2, and Passenger 5.
Includes three major new features:
- Advanced Search
- Databases A-Z list
- HathiTrust links
Plus numerous other small features, layout improvements, and bug fixes.
There were a total of 1,732 commits over the course of the year, modifying 1,257 files.
- Add code to support new cental ITS authorization service.
- Add ability to request Arts and Music special collections materials
- Enable Scan and Deliver service for Babylonian Collection
- Fix bug stripping first two letters from Law Call Numbers
- Included link to new Articles+ native interface
- Added ability to request East Asian materials through Aeon
- Completed special collections request to display the MARC 561 field with label ‘Provenance’
- Changed label of ‘Acquired on’ to ‘Added to Catalog’
- Add new bento box with Digital Collections from the Yale University Library Findit digital repository!
- Add accordion display for Summary Holdings, Indexes, etc. in large serial holdings
- Fix bug that caused duplicate content in MARC tags
- Added MARC 561 field to the individual record display, with the label ‘Provenance’
- Changed the ‘Acquired on’ label to ‘Added to Catalog’
- Background for facet modal is now solid, instead of transparent
- Add ability to place Orbis, Morris, Scan and Deliver, and Aeon requests directly from the within Quicksearch
- Update branding for production roll-out
- Fix problem with some Google book covers not matching
- Misc. fixes to improve accessibility of interface
- Add elements for backend system health checks
- Add display of Provenance and holdings Notes to the holdings area. These are especially helpful for special collections.
- Modify indexing code to include a new ‘Subject (Local Yale)’ facet, plus numerous field and subfield changes to other indexes in order to make discovery and faceting clearer
- Suppress local holdings notes from displaying in the main body of the individual record display.
- format mapping changes to support better differentiation of special collections
- Law Library holdings now show whether they are ‘available’ or ‘checked out’ in result lists in Quicksearch and Books+
- Law Library holdings display in individual Title pages, showing the current location, call number, and status of each copy.
- New holdings layout design to make holdings information easier to read and understand
- The drop-down menu in the mobile navigation bar is now fixed
- Holdings have now moved to the bottom of the mobile record display
- Instagram is now available via a link in the Quicksearch footer
- Updated MARC extract program to create Acquisitions Date for all records, pull 856 fields from the holdings record, and identify data for new ‘Resources at Yale’ facet.
- Add 69x local subject fields to Subject index
- Open all links in interface in new tab
- Fix Google Books bug that sometimes caused the incorrect book cover to display
- Fix incorrect hover covers in various places
- Fix printing problems in some browsers
- Fixed duplicate fields displaying in interface
- Update format mapping and labels for two formats – “Archives or Manuscripts” and “Dissertations & Theses”
- Update language map to support basic ISO 693-2 language mapping
- Added Language field to all item view templates
- The Books+ search page was updated to include the full list of formats that can be searched
- Google Analytics Universal and Google Tag Manager code was added for better tracking of user behavior in Quicksearch
- Custom Dimensions were added for tracking locations and call numbers
- The Journal Title search is fixed in Books+
- An email option is now available from the single item view
- The News section on the Quicksearch page has been temporarily suppressed for a re-design
- Update Internal Server error page to use new header and footer, include links to help
- Display thumbnail images in results screen
- Display links to Online materials in results screen
- Add Display Fields and labels for all format types
- Misc page layout issues
- Modify solrconfig.xml to generate more accurate search results, particularly with journals
- Modify solrconfig.xml to greatly enhance response time
- Modified the Articles landing page with changes requested by RIO
- Change ‘Catalogs’ and ‘Articles’ to ‘Books+’ and ‘Articles+’ in line with usability findings
- Correct Layout and Linking issues
- Enhance datasource navigation highlighting to make more obvious
- Add search tips to Books+ landing page
- Remove link to old Digital Collection cross search on Quicksearch landing page
- Replace ‘add to homescreen’ icon for Apple devices
- Enable author re-direct links
- Add missing display fields
- Fix bottom padding of yale university logo
- Fix link to Books+ in item view page so goes to Books+ landing page instead of Quicksearch landing page
- Changed Law records single item view to point to Morris
- Update ingest documentation
- Add CAS login along with bookbag functionality!
- Fix bug in Morris link so it points to Morris
- Point Request link to full Orbis record so Aeon and Scan requests aren’t lost
- Display ‘Selected Items’ drop-down on search results page, so can select multiple results for saving to bookbag, emailing, etc.
- Add new item status glyphs for use in Saved Lists
- Solved problem with Articles+ search not pre-limiting to Yale-only holdings. (This caused more user confusion than any other issue)!
- Create Yale version of the voyager_api gem used for connecting to Orbis for item status information
- Modify item status detail for status patrons in the Yale voyager_api repository.
- Fix color style for ‘x’ unavailable on item page as part of overall item page status display fix.
- Update News section on Quicksearch front door, remove ‘NEW’ from New Arrivals page
- Manuscript Music and Maps now have two formats assigned on load – Mansucript and Music or Manuscript and Map
- All formats with ‘/’ now have a ‘&’ to reduce user confusion on results page
- Create new ‘Databases’ format on load, develop item view mapping and new icon
- Suppress Advanced search due to serious bug
- Bring ‘Google Preview’ button down to size
- Add color to ‘available’ and ‘checked out’ icons to make visual meaning more clear
- Summary no longer appears twice in Video format
- Highlight new Boolean and/or/not options in Interface facets
- Fix responsive design issues in Footer (still in test)
- Re-instate original height of footer. Needed to accommodate Firefox display issue
- Fix links to Morris on Quicksearch and Catalog home pages
- Delete old format view mappings now that new are confirmed