The Quicksearch Implementation team has rolled out a new feature in Quicksearch beta: Save Citations to a Bookbag! Now you have the ability to save all of your important items and search results to your own Bookbag. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Sign-in with Yale Central Authentication Service (CAS), via the ‘Login’ button, and do a search.
- Click into either the Catalogs search results or the Articles search results.
- Check any of the boxes on the right of each item.
- Hover over the ‘Selected Items…’ drop down and select ‘Save to Bookbag’.
- Once the item(s) has been saved, you can access your Bookbag by clicking on the ‘Bookbag’ link in the green saved item box, or the ‘Saved Lists’ link in the upper right corner of the screen.
You can also save to your bookbag directly from a Catalog record:
- Click on any item in the Catalog results, then click on the ‘Save to Bookbag’ link in the record view.
- Once the item has been saved to Bookbag, you can access your Bookbag by clicking on the ‘Bookbag’ link in the green saved item box, or the ‘Saved Lists’ link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Note: the item-level Save to Bookbag feature works only in the Catalogs search
The Bookbag feature also has an additional feature: the ability to create your own named list. You can achieve this by following the steps below:
- Go inside your bookbag and select the items you’d wish to save to an alternate list.
- Once you’ve selected your item(s), click on the ‘Copy Selected Items…’ button and type in a new name for your selected items.
- Once you hit the ‘Submit’ button, your new list is shown under the ‘Bookbag’ list on the left hand side of the screen.
We hope you enjoy this brand new feature!
– Quicksearch Implementation team