Title: Manager, IT Infrastructure and Client Services
STARS Requisition number: 29062BR
Under the supervision of the Library Chief Technology Officer, manages and monitors the design, development, implementation, and communication of policies and practices for a sub-unit within the Library Information Technology department that supports the Yale University Library.
Responsible for maintaining a reliable and secure computing infrastructure for library staff and patrons, including network architecture, as well as identity and access management, which are strategic initiatives at both the University and Library levels. Coordinates with Yale ITS on computing infrastructure issues as needed, including serving on relevant architecture committees.
Manages Library IT Support staff. Recruits, trains, and manages a team of support technicians responsible for delivering expert, efficient, and cordial computing support to the Library’s staff, as well as some specialized patron systems.
Designs and maintains the desktop, laptop, and mobile computing environment for the Library, including hardware, OS, and productivity software suites that will be supported. Designs and supports Library audiovisual infrastructure and architecture; enhancing this infrastructure is one of the Library’s current strategic objectives. Manages a $375K+ equipment budget including a bi-annual equipment request cycle. Works on special projects as assigned by the CTO.
Library IT Client Services is a tier 1, 2, & 3 support organization focused on interacting with Library customers on a daily basis. We are the first point of contact for many IT services and our emphasis is on enhancing the productivity of our customers by providing service as reliably and efficiently as possible. Our primary objectives include providing great customer service and improving customer satisfaction.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and develop staff, including technical areas. Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate and mobilize a team around shared goals. Demonstrated project management skills.
• Advanced skills with contemporary desktop computing technology, including Mac, Windows, and Mobile OS, hardware, and software applications.
• In-depth ability with Active Directory and its components: implementing group policy, managing computers, organizational units, users, groups, profiles, software management and deployment.
• Comprehensive, expert-level ability with desktop operating environments.
• Demonstrated ability with SQL databases and administering SQL databases.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Management experience in a higher education environment.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of BigFix Relevance.
3. Experience with VBScript, Visual Basic, Visual Studio, and Windows Software Development Kit.
4. Experience with Unix operating system.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
ITIL Foundations, Service Now, Microsoft Certifications.