Print shows a man and a boy chasing a pig in the yard of a country alehouse. In the background, another man pauses to remove his hat and wipe his brow, while a fourth has evidently tripped and lies sprawling on the ground. A dog barks at the commotion.
- Title: Country sport [graphic].
- Publication: [Alnwick] : Printed and published by W. Davison, Alnwick, [between 1812 and 1817]
812.00.00.114 Impression 2
Acquired August 2022
A full-length caricature of an obese clergy man who wears a bishop’s hat (?) and smokes a long pipe as he walks left. He carries a pig and a chicken under his left arm. He holds a Bible in his left hand, and he carries a bottle in his pocket. He has a very large nose and a round checks. His very large belly is exaggerated further in graphite.
- Creator: Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, artist.
- Title: Sin ie cure [drawing].
- Created: [England, between 1830 and 1852]
Catalog Record & Digital Collection
Drawings G761 no. 2 Box 123
Acquired November 2013