- Title: Theatre Royal, Covent Garden. This present Thursday, February 7, 1822, (4th time) Shakspeare’s play of The tempest. (Altered and adapted by Dryden and Davenant … Prospero … by Mr. Young … Ariel by Miss M. Tree … : After which will be produced, for the 37th time, a new pantomime, called Harlequin and Mother Bunch; or, The yellow dwarf … Guinea Pig, (Captain of the Yeomen, afterwards Harlequin’s Lacquey) Mr. I.S. Grimaldi … Yellow Dwarf, (afterwards Clown,) Mr. Grimaldi …
- Publication: [London] : [publisher not identified], 
File 767 P69B C838 1822 2/7
Acquired August 2021
In this image, a full-length image of Edmund Kean as Othello constructed from parts of a print or prints while his costume and hat and their trimming are cut from satin cloth with additional decorated paper trimming and small metal buttons. This image is the only one of the four mounted on a secondary sheet, this one ruled as if from a ledger.
- Title: Mr. Kean as Othello [art original] : Act 5th, Scene 3rd / made by the author.
- Production: [England], [ca. 1828]
Drawings C697 no. 1 Box D115
Acquired April 2021
- Title: New Theatre Royal, Covent–Garden, this present Saturday, May 26, 1810, will be acted Shakspeare’s historical play of King Henry the Eighth … : Cardinal Wolsey, Mr. Kemble … Cromwell, Mr. C. Kemble … Katharine, Queen of England, Mrs. Siddons … ; to which will be added (first time this season) the musical entertainment of The escapes; or, The water carrier …
- Production: [London] : E. Macleish, printer, 
File 767 P69B C838 1810 5/26
Acquired November 2020
Inscribed by artist on verso: Merry Wives of Windsor / Act 4- Scene 2nd / Fal[staff. No, I’ll come no more i’th basket / may I not go out to[o] soon / Mrs. Page. Alas, three of another Fr[ien]ds brother.”
- Artist: Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811.
- Title: Scene from the Merry wives of Windsor, act. 4, scene 2.
- Created: [England], [ca. 1792?]
Catalog Record & Digital Collection
Acquired November 2011