In a richly decorated and carpeted interior, an obese clergyman with his equally large, bespectacled wife sit at a dining table with their three children; on the back wall hangs a portrait of the clergyman. He raises a wineglass to his lips as a servant uncorks another bottle of wine.
- Artist: Dighton, Robert, 1752-1814, artist.
- Title: [A master parson with a good living] [art original].
- Production: [England], [ca. 1782]
Drawings D574 no. 6 Framed
Acquired October 2020
George IV, looking into a full length mirror, is startled by the sight of the likeness of his estranged wife, Caroline looking back at him over the shoulder of his reflection in the mirror. He wears a crown, his coronet and feathers discarded on the floor beside him. The carpet, chair, and table-cloth are decorated with the Royal Arms.
- Printmaker: Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856, printmaker.
- Title: Reflection [graphic] : to be, or not to be?
Catalog Record & Digital Collection
Acquired July 2007