“Triple three-quarter length portrait of the three Waldegrave sisters, seated beside one another at a small work-table; Lady Anna Horatia at right embroidering, with Lady Charlotte Maria at left, her head turned towards front, winding silk from skein which Lady Elizabeth Laura, centre, is holding; a curtain, pillars and trees behind them; after Reynolds (Mannings 1810); proof before letters, but with scratched production and publication detail.”–British Museum online catalogue.
- Printmaker: Green, Valentine, 1739-1813, printmaker, publisher.
- Title: [Lady Elizabeth Laura, Lady Charlotte Maria & Lady Anne Horatia, daughters to James late Earl of Waldegrave Knight of the Garter] [graphic] / painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds ; engraved by V. Green, mezzotinto engraver to His Majesty, and to the Elector Palatine.
- Edition: [State 1].
- Publication: [London] : Published Decr. 1st, 1781, by V. Green, No. 29, Newman Street, Oxford Street, London, [1 December 1781]
Folio 49 3636 no. 8++ (Oversize)
Acquired November 2017
Arutin George was an Armenian merchant who came to England during the reign of Queen Anne
- Printmaker: Faber, John, 1695?-1756, printmaker.
- Title: Arutin George [graphic] / G. Kneller pinxt. 1712 ; I. Faber fecit 1738.
Catalog Record & Digital Collection
Portraits G347 no. 1+1
Acquired June 2016