Horace Walpole’s copy, with his ms. annotations and bookplate. Bookplate of the Leicester and Leicestershire Society of Architects.
- Author: Palladio, Andrea, 1508-1580.
- Uniform Title: [Quattro libri dell’architettura. English]
- Title: The architecture of A. Palladio in four books : containing a short treatise of the five orders and the most necessary observations concerning all sorts of building : as also the different construction of private and publick houses, high-ways, bridges, market-places, xystes, and temples, with their plans, sections and uprights / revis’d, design’d, and publish’d by Giacomo Leoni, a Venetian, architect to His Most Serene Highness, the late Electcor Palatinate ; translated from the Italian original.
- Edition: The third edition, corrected / with notes and remarks of Inigo Jones : now first taken from his original manuscript in the Worcester College Library, Oxford, and also, an appendix containing the Antiquities of Rome, written by A. Palladio, and a discourse of the fires of the ancients, never before translated.
- Published: London : Printed for A. Ward, in Little Britain; S. Birt, in Ave-Mary-Lane; D. Browne, without Temple-Bar; C. Davis, in Pater-noster-Row; T. Osborne, in Gray’s-Inn; and A. Millar, against S. Clement’s Church in the Strand, 1742.
Folio 49 3593
Acquired before 2002