Bound in contemporary calf with red spine label ‘Isle of Thanet’ and black spine label ‘Town of Margate.’
- Author: T. G.
- Title: A description of the Isle of Thanet : and particularly of the town of Margate ; with an account of the accommodations provided there for strangers ; … with a description of Sandwich, Deal, Dover, Canterbury, Rochester, Chatham … The whole illustrated with a correct map of the island … and a representation of the machines for bathing.
- Published: London : Printed for J. Newbery and W. Bristow in St. Paul’s Church Yard, 1763.
62 763 T356
Acquired November 2012
Inscribed on front flyleaf: The gift of The Revd. Mr Onely to Joseph Langley 1780; with a ms. page laid in listing 44 varieties of flowers.
- Author: Seymour, Charles.
- Title: A new topographical, historical, and commercial survey of the cities, towns, and villages of the county of Kent : arranged in alphabetical order … / by Charles Seymour, teacher of the classics, &c. at Canterbury.
- Published: [Canterbury] : Printed for the author, and to be had of Mr. Flacton, bookseller, at Canterbury; Silver, and Crow, Margate; Smith, Tunbridge-Wells; Stephen Doorne, Feversham; and at the apartments o[f] the author, at Mr. James Abbot’s, baker, Canterbury, MDCCLXXVI .
View Catalog Record
Acquired January, 2010 by the Lewis Walpole Library.