Pen and ink drawings of a variety of different heads.
- Artist: Townshend, George Townshend, Marquis, 1724-1807, artist.
- Title: [Studies of heads] [art original].
- Production: [England], [not after 1807]
Drawings T754 no. 1 Framed, shelved in LFS Bin 72
Acquired July 2021
A comic map of Great Britain: an old woman is shown in profile, facing to the left, and seated on the back of a dolphin-like monster. At the top her cap is Scotland; her neck is labeled R. Tees (River Tees) and along her back is “Humber” and “The Wash” The mouth of the creature is labeled “Thames”. The other points on the map are: Isle of Wight and Bristol Channel, Cardogan Bay, and Anglesea (a bird perched on the woman’s out-stretched hand).
- Artist: Hughes, J., active 1872, artist.
- Title: England [art original] / Carnarvon College. March 30th 1872. J. Hughes.
- Production: [Wales], [30 March 1872]
Drawings H893 no. 1 Box D128
Acquired May 2021
Half-length portrait of a man, in profile to the right, playing a horn. On the back, a pencil sketch of the backs of two figures.
- Artist: Nixon, John, -1818, artist.
- Title: [Man playing a horn] [art original].
- Production: [England], [not after 1818]
Drawings N736 no. 9 Box D141
Acquired January 2020
Unsigned; attributed to Rowlandson.
Inscribed on verso: Names of the Ships taken by Lord Howe on 1st of June 1794, and brought into Portsmouth Harbour; Sans Pareille 84 Guns, L’America 74, Limpetue 84, Northumberland 84, Achille 76, La Vengeur 74.
- Artist: Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, artist.
- Title: [Arrival of the flotilla of Admiral Howe into Portsmouth Harbour on 1 June 1794] [art original].
- Production: [England], 
Drawings R79 no. 17 Box 2
Acquired August 2020
In a richly decorated and carpeted interior, an obese clergyman with his equally large, bespectacled wife sit at a dining table with their three children; on the back wall hangs a portrait of the clergyman. He raises a wineglass to his lips as a servant uncorks another bottle of wine.
- Artist: Dighton, Robert, 1752-1814, artist.
- Title: [A master parson with a good living] [art original].
- Production: [England], [ca. 1782]
Drawings D574 no. 6 Framed
Acquired October 2020