Welcome to the workshop!
This March workshop, supported by the University of Pennsylvania, will cover topics in:
- Medieval Manuscript Rolls
- Paleography and Codicology
- Cataloging and Preservation
- Manuscript Transcription and Scholarly Editing
- Introduction to the Digital Edition: Challenges and Best Practices
- Collaborative Editing
- XML, Text Encoding Fundamentals and the TEI Schema
- Digitization Fundamentals
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of digital editing while tackling the unique codicological challenges posed by manuscript rolls. Practical sessions will inform collective editorial decision-making: participants will undertake the work of transcription and commentary, and tag the text and images of these rolls according to TEI protocols. The workshop will result in collaborative editions of University of Pennsylvania MS Roll 1563, which will be published online.