We have reached out to the Global University Climate Forum speakers to ask if they would like to provide additional resources for further learning on topics related to their workshop. Find below resources organized by workshop.
Please bookmark this page, as it contains suggested resources from the speakers and organizers of the Global University Climate Forum.
Sustainable Urban Transitions: Calibrating Policy Across Scales; Edgar Pieterse – Anton Cartwright
Monday, November 9th, 9:00 AM
- Pieterse, E., Cirolia, L. and A. Cartwright (2020) Reframing the Potential for Sustainable Urbanism in Africa. Cape Town: African Centre for Cities, UCT. https://www.africancentreforcities.net/reframe-aligning-africas-urban-agenda/
- Cartwright, A., Palmer, I., Taylor, A., Pieterse, E., Parnell, S., Colenbrander, S. (2018) Developing Prosperous and Inclusive Cities in Africa - National Urban Policies to the Rescue? Coalition for Urban Transitions Working Paper. London and Washington, DC. Available at: http://newclimateeconomy.net/content/cities-working-papers
- Pieterse, E., Parnell, S. and Haysom, G. (2018) African Dreams: locating urban infrastructure in the 2030 sustainable developmental agenda. Area Development & Policy. 3(2): 149-169.
- Taylor, A. (2019) Climate information for building resilient South African cities. Cape Town: African Centre for Cities, UCT. https://www.africancentreforcities.net/climate-information-for-building-resilient-south-african-cities/
How to solve the climate emergency; Katherine Richardson and Daniel Kammen
Monday, November 9th, 12:00 PM
- Daniel M. Kammen (2020) Over the hump: Have we reached the peak of carbon emissions?, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 76:5, 256-262. DOI: 10.1080/00963402.2020.1806585 https://rael.berkeley.edu/publication/over-the-hump-have-we-really-reached-the-peak-of-carbon-emissions/
- Wiener, Scott and Daniel M Kammen (2019) “For U. S. cities, housing policy is climate policy”, The New York Times, March 25, 2019. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/25/opinion/california-home-prices-climate.html
- Lenton, T.M., Rockström, J., Gaffney, O., Rahstorf, S., Richardson, K., Steffen, W., Schellnhuber, H.J. 2019. Climate tipping points – too risky to bet against. Nature. Volume: 575. Pages: 592-595.
Climate Change Begins at Home; Dave Reay
Tuesday, November 10th, 9:00 AM
- Book 'Climate Smart Food' https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-030-18206-9
Food loss and waste: A climate threat!; Yolanda Kakabadse
Tuesday, November 10th, 10:00 AM
- Champions 12.3 (FLW Business Case Report)
- WRAP-UK (https://www.wrap.org.uk)
How to enhance stewardship for Global Commons in Anthropocene; Naoko Ishii and Maria Ivanova
Tuesday, November 10th, 7:00 PM
- Planetary Boundaries: Exploring the Safe Operating
Space for Humanity; https://pdxscholar.library.pdx.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1063&context=iss_pub
Making Nature Based Solutions work for People and Planet; Wanjira Mathai
Friday, November 13th, 9:00 AM
- WRI Website, https://www.wri.org/