We are a group dedicated to cubing – the art of solving Rubik’s Cubes and other similar puzzles. Our goal is to provide a fun and friendly environment for those interested in cubing to harbor their passion and to teach people who want to learn how to solve a Rubik’s Cube. Absolutely no experience or knowledge is necessary to join!
- On Saturday, April 20, 2013, we will host our fourth Rubik’s Cube competition – details coming soon.
- We entered the second annual unofficial World Inter-University Cube Relay. Our team, Kevin Zhou (BK ’15), Forrest Lin (SY ’16), Ike Lee (ES ’15), and Dennis Mou (SY ’15), solved four Rubik’s Cubes in succession with a time of 1:12.16. Full results will be posted here.
- We successfully hosted our third Rubik’s Cube competition – Yale Fall 2012 – on Saturday, September 8, from 9:00am to 5:30pm at LC 101. Full results here.
- We hosted a Rubik’s Cube competition – Yale Spring 2012 – on Sunday, April 29, from 8:30 to 6 in SSS 114. Full results here.
- We showcased mosaics we made out of 2,500 Rubik’s Cubes in an art exhibit called Yale Cubed in Maya’s Room (the Silliman Art Gallery) and in the Ezra Stiles Art Gallery. Pictures of the SM exhibit. Pictures of the ES exhibit.
- During Bulldog Days, on Tuesday, April 17, we hosted a prefrosh event called Open Cube Night from 10pm to midnight, where there was free food, drink, and a free cube raffle!
- Three of us (Anthony, Dennis, and Kevin) performed at Laugh Out Loud – the Asian American Arts Festival on Friday, 2/24/12. We did a team solve, a cube relay, a team blindfolded solve, and a head-to-head solve.
- Check out our submission video to the 1st Inter-University Cube Relay Competition. We got 4th place.
- We hosted Yale’s first World Cube Association-sponsored Rubik’s Cube competition, Yale Fall 2011, on Saturday, 9/10/11. Fifty competitors participated. Competition results can be found here.
- Sign up for the Bulldog Cube Club mailing list.
- Contact Kevin Zhou (BK ’15), or Ike Lee (ES ’15) for more information about the Bulldog Cube Club.