Comparative Political Institutions
- Salas, C. 2016. Incumbency advantage in multi-member districts: Evidence from congressional elections in Chile. Electoral Studies 42: 213-221.
- Party System Fragmentation and Electoral Accountability. 2018. [job market paper]
- The Democratic Politics of Job loss. 2018. (with Frances Rosenbluth and Ian Shapiro)
- The costs of weak parties: Fragmentation, indiscipline, and government spending. 2018. (with Frances Rosenbluth and Ian Shapiro)
- Representation increases Participation. 2018. (paper coming soon..) [see more]
- Size distorts legislatures: Theory and evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design. 2018. [see more]
- Where does the far-right vote come from? Evidence from European Democracies. 2018. (with Eva-Marie Quinones, Lucas Núñez, Frances Rosenbluth and Ian Shapiro) [see more]
Strategic Communication in Politics
Political Economy of International Conflict
- Conflict under the Shadow of an Escalating Threat. 2018. (with Scott Tyson) [see more]
- Conflict in Diplomatic Networks. 2017. [see more]
- Gallego, F., J.P. Montero, and C. Salas. 2013. The effect of transport policies on car use: Evidence from Latin American cities. 2013. Journal of Public Economics 110: 47-62.
- Gallego, F., J.P. Montero, and C. Salas. 2013. The effect of transport policies on car use: A bundling model with applications. Energy Economics 40 (1): S85-S97.
- Miller, M., J. Reichelstein, C. Salas, and B. Zia. 2015. Can You Help Someone Become Financially Capable? A Meta-Analysis of the Literature. World Bank Research Observer 30 (2): 220-246.
- Salas, C. 2010. Evaluating Public Policies with High Frequency Data: Evidence for Driving Restrictions in Mexico City Revisited. IEUC Documento de Trabajo Nº 374.
- Salas, C. 2013. group2: Generating the finest partition that is coarser than two given partitions. The Stata Journal 13 (4): 867-875.
See also my Google Scholar page.