Labor Markets and Job Search
- The Cyclical Job Ladder, with Fabien Postel-Vinay. Annual Review of Economics, August 2018, 10:165-188.
- The Relative Power of Employment-to-Employment Reallocation and Unemployment Exits in Predicting Wage Growth, with Fabien Postel-Vinay, American Economic Review, Papers
and Proceedings, May 2017, 107(5), 364-68.
- Wage Posting and Business Cycles, with Fabien Postel-Vinay, American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2016, 106(5), 208-213.
- Wage Posting and Business Cycles: a Quantitative Exploration, with Fabien Postel-Vinay. Review of Economic Dynamics, special issue in memory of Dale Mortensen, January 2016, (19), 135-160.
- Did the Job Ladder Fail After the Great Recession? with Fabien Postel-Vinay. Journal of Labor Economics, special issue on the NBER project “The Labor Market after the Great Recession”. January 2016, 34(S1), S55-S93
- Stochastic Search Equilibrium, with Fabien Postel-Vinay. Review of Economic Studies, October 2013, 80(4), 1545-1581. Web appendix with omitted proof. Previous versions circulated under the title “Non-Stationary Search Equilibrium”. See also Cowles Foundation DP 1754.
- The Contribution of Large and Small Employers to Job Creation in Times of High and Low Unemployment, with Fabien Postel-Vinay. American Economic Review, October 2012, 102(6), 2509-2539. See also NBER WP 14740.
- Rent Rigidity, Asymmetric Information, and Volatility Bounds in Labor Markets, with Björn Brügemann. Review of Economic Dynamics, July 2010, 13(3), 575-596.
- Unemployment and Small Cap Returns: The Nexus, with Fabien Postel-Vinay, American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, May 2010, 100(2), 333-37.
- The Timing of Labor Market Expansions: New Facts and a New Hypothesis, with Fabien Postel-Vinay. 2008 NBER Macroeconomics Annual.
- Occupational and Job Mobility in the US, with Kaj Thomsson. Scandinavian Journal of Economics, special issue on Macroeconomic Fluctuations and the Labor Market, December 2007, 109(4), 807-836.
- Morale Hazard, with Hanming Fang. Journal of Monetary Economics, May 2005, 52(4), 749-778.
- Job Matching and the Wage Distribution. Econometrica, March 2005, 73(2), 481-516.
- Excess Worker Reallocation. Review of Economic Studies, July 2001, 69(3), 593-612.
Price Stickiness, Monetary Policy
- Competence Implies Credibility, American Economic Review, March 2007, 97(1), 37-63.
- Limited Information Capacity as a Source of Inertia. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, September 2004, 28(10), 2003-2035.
- Competitive Experimentation with Private Information: the Survivor’s Curse with Francesco Squintani. Appendix with two parametric examples. Journal of Economic Theory, March 2010, 145(2), 639-660.
- The Demand for Information: More Heat than Light, with Jussi Keppo and Lones Smith. Journal of Economic Theory, January 2008, 138(1), 21-50.
- The Law of Large Demand for Information, with Lones Smith. Econometrica, November 2002, 70(6), 2351-2366.
- Price Competition for an Informed Buyer, with Marco Ottaviani. Journal of Economic Theory, December 2001, 101(2), 457-493.
- The Optimal Level of Experimentation, with Lones Smith. Econometrica, November 2001, 69(6), 1629-1644. An early draft, containing many proofs and extensions, is:
- Wald Revisited: The Optimal Level of Experimentation, Cowles Foundation Discussion Paper No. 1176.
- Social Learning in a Changing World, with Marco Ottaviani and Lones Smith. Economic Theory, March 1998, 11(2), 657-665.