► What happens if I accidentally damage my iPad?
All the iPads are covered under AppleCare + which includes accidental damage. Please contact your instructor or the Bass Library as soon as possible so a replacement unit can be charged out. Please note that we cannot guarantee the preservation of your data.
► What happens if I lose my iPad?
► What happens if I lose an iPad accessory?
An accessory may include:
- Carrying Case
- Charger Cable
- Keyboard Cable
- Smart Cover
► What happens if my iPad is stolen?
If your iPad is stolen, immediately contact your instructor, TF, or email email@example.com. Please notify local law enforcement (e.g. Yale Police Department, Prince George’s County Police Department, etc.) and detail where and how the iPad was stolen. Be sure you get the case number and primary police contact for the case. Make a copy you can give to your instructor within 48 hours of reporting it stolen. Also fill out the ITS Lost/Stolen Electronic Media or Computing Device Form and give a copy to your instructor. Refer to the following page for additional information:
► Erase your device or a family member’s device
- Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.
- Click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase.
- In the device’s Info window, click Erase [device].
- To erase:
- An iOS device: Enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. If the device you’re erasing has iOS 7 or later, enter a phone number and message. The number and message are displayed on the screen after the device is erased.
- A Mac: Enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. Enter a passcode to lock the Mac (you need to use the passcode to unlock it), then enter a message. The message is displayed on the screen after the Mac is erased.
► Is there a way for me to track my iPad remotely if I misplace it?
Yes. You can set up the Find My iPad feature from the app or via your iCloud account which will show you the location of your device if it is online.
*Under the Bass Library supervised management of iOS 7 iPads, Activation Lock will not be enabled when a user turns on Find My iPad. More information here.