In assisting Marta Wells with her iPad class-set this semester, we decided to use the Blogger app for students to post assignments both in the lab and while doing field work due to the ease-of-use, ability to save posts locally, embed images from either the photo roll or camera. For her class I created the following instructions that I thought I would pass along to the group.
The Blogger app by Google can be used to post and comment directly to any Blogger site from the convenience of your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.* The free app can be downloaded from the iTunes app store. Below are instructions for using the Blogger app on your iOS device.
- Launch the Blogger app on the iOS device by tapping the app icon.
- Tap the Sign In button on the next screen (HINT: you can click the 2x
button in the lower right-hand corner to increase the screen size).
- Enter your Yale EliApps email address (first.last email@example.com) and password. Click the Sign in button.
- You will then be prompted to enter your Yale NetID and password.
- Agree to the Google Blogger terms and tap the Allow Access button (if you tap No Thanks you will not be allowed to use the app).
- The next screen you see will be a Blogger blog entry post.
- Tab the SAVE button to keep the post in draft-form for latter revising or the PUBLISH button to make the post viable to your peers. If you select the former option, the post will be listed with your other posts and marked as DRAFT. If
you select the publish option, the post will be readable on the site. Blogger will confirm publication and also ask if you want to visit the site in Safari.
- Once published, the post will be visible on the Blogger site.
- Clicking the Blogger setting icon will allow you configure image settings. It is highly recommended to set the image size to at least Medium (320 x 240). The settings menu is where you can log out of Blogger if you so desire.
Have fun and happy blogging!
* NOTE: The blogger app is also available for Android devices via Google Play: