Joey has produced audio for NPR’s Hearing Voices, San Francisco’s KALW radio, Project Homeless Connect, and the San Francisco Night Ministry. From 2009-2011 he served as director of the San Francisco GLBT Historical Society’s Oral History Program.
- Polk Street Stories, an hour-long radio documentary produced with Jay Allison at transom.org and distributed nationally through NPR’s Hearing Voices.
- With Yale University’s LGBT Family Histories Project, conducted oral histories with leaders of the GLBT families movement in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
- As director of the Oberlin College LGBT Oral History Project, conducted 70+ oral histories and incorporated them into a thesis-length paper and a permanent, multimedia archive.
- With the Brooklyn Historical Society’s School of Inquiry Oral History Project, recorded “life histories” from roughly 180 precocious six-year-olds.
- As director of Polk Street: Lives in Transition, recorded and interpreted more than 70 oral histories in relation to contemporary neighborhood change and conflict. (pictured)