Redeveloping NYC’s armories: When adaptive reuse and community building bring controversy
A sign of the former presence of the New Haven Blues, a Connecticut militia regiment, in the Goffe Street Armory.
Dedicated in 1930. Authorized in 1927 by the General Assembly of Connecticut. Designed by Payne & Keefe Architects (from New London) with a local Associate Architect. Cassadessa & Brothers, Inc. were the contractors who built it.
The great drill hall of the Goffe Street Armory has been used for many social functions, including concerts and dances.