THE REV. DR. PAUL J. CARLING
chaplain and preist-in-charge
The Rev. Dr. Paul J. Carling also serves as associate rector at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Fairfield. He is a licensed clinical and developmental psychologist who has had a distinguished career in the field of mental health. Carling has degrees from the University of Pennsylvania – a B.A. in History; and M.S. Ed. in Social Science Education, and a Ph.D. in Clinical & Developmental Psychology – and an M. Div. from Episcopal Divinity School in Cambridge MA. He was ordained to the priesthood in 2002 in Vermont where he served before coming to Connecticut in 2004. His prior employment has included various professorships in the U.S. and U.K. He also has experience providing counseling services for students at two universities.
Paul Carling is married to Cherise A. Rowan, M.D., a neonatal pediatric cardiologist who is a clinical instructor at Yale University.
THE REV. KATHRYN GREENE-MCCREIGHT, PH.D.
The Rev. Kathryn Greene-McCreight, Ph.D., Associate Chaplain is a Priest in the Diocese of Connecticut, a theological writer, and an Affiliate Priest at Christ Church, New Haven. She earned her BA from Wesleyan University in Romance Languages and Literatures; her MDiv and STM from Yale Divinity School; and her PhD from Yale University in Christian Theology. She has taught at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the United States and Canada. One of her favorite academic responsibilities has been serving as co-chair for the Christian Theology and the Bible group of the Society of Biblical Literature. Her community service activities include membership on the Yale New Haven Hospital Patient and Family Advisory Council (Behavioral Health). She also serves on the board for NAMI Elm City (National Alliance on Mental Illness). Her latest book, Darkness is My Only Companion: A Christian Response to Mental Illness, was named a 2006 top ten book in Religious Non-Fiction by Publisher’s Weekly, and has been translated into Chinese. Her forthcoming book is I Am With You: the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent Book, 2016. She and her husband Matthew McCreight are the proud parents of two grown children, Noah and Grace, and live in New Haven.
Contact the Episcopal Church at Yale:
305 Crown Street
New Haven, CT 06520
THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
The ECY is governed by a Board of Governors whose principal function is to support the work of the Episcopal Chaplaincy at Yale University, and assure the continuity of the Episcopal Church at Yale whether a Chaplain is in residence or not. The Board sees that the funds necessary for running the chaplaincy are found and oversees their disbursement. It sets goals for the chaplaincy and reviews them periodically. It is required, with due participation of the Congregational Council and advice from the Yale Religious Ministries, to call Chaplains to the ministry of ECY. The full Board meets about two to three times a year.
Board of Governors Officers (Executive Committee)
- President (ex officio): The Rt. Rev. Ian Douglas, Bishop of Connecticut
- Acting President: The Rt. Rev. Laura Ahrens, Bishop for Higher Education Ministries
- Vice President: Dr. John P. Seibyl
- Secretary: Mrs. Shirley Wick
- Treasurer: Mr. Edwin Lewis
- Mr. Florencio Armando Ghinaglia Socorro (Graduate Student Leader)
- Ms. Eliza Winn Robertson (Co-Chair Congregational Council)
- Ms. Zoey Peterson (Co-Chair Congregational Council)
- Ms. Anna Heckler (Co-Chair Congregational Council)
- Dr. Constance Bagley
- Mr. Jonathan Bush
- Mr. Andrew Homan
- The Rev. George Kovoor
- The Rev. Steven Paulikas
- The Rev. Dr. F. Washington (Tony) Jarvis
- The Rev. Rowena Kemp
- The Rev. Ryan C. Fleenor
- Chaplain: The Rev. Paul J. Carling, Ph.D.
- Associate Chaplain: The Rev. Kathyrn Greene-McCreight, Ph.D.
- Mrs. Grace Krom, Administrator
- Mr. Thomas Williford, Music Director
- Mr. David Simon, Organist
- The Rev. Linda Spiers, Consultant
- Angela Wiggan, Sacristan
- Erin Finn (Yale Divinity, M.A.R.)
- Cheryl McFadden (Yale Divinity, M.A.R.)
- Pauline Samuel (Berkeley Divinity, M.Div.)
THE CONGREGATIONAL COUNCIL
The Congregational Council is made up of student leaders from the congregation of the ECY. Members of the council meet regularly with the Chaplain concerning the programmatic life of the ECY and take part in Board of Governors meetings.
The current Congregational Council is composed of:
- Mr. Florencio Armando Ghinaglia Socorro (Graduate Student Lead)
- Ms. Eliza Winn Robertson (Congregational Council Co-Chair)
- Ms. Zoey Peterson (Congregational Council Co-Chair)
- Ms. Anna Heckler (Congregational Council Co-Chair)