- Ph.D. Political Science, Yale University, Anticipated 2018
M.A., M.Phil., en route, 2016
- M.P.P. Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School, 2011
- B.A. Political Science, Bates College, 2006
Publications and Papers
- “Refugee Networks and Cooperation. Evidence From a Social-Network Experiment with Syrian Refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.” Job-market paper.
- “Humanitarian Aid and Civil War. Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Syrian Refugees in Lebanon.” With Christian Lehmann. Under review.
- “An Economic Theory of Anti-Refugee Violence” With Christian Lehmann. Under review.
- Syrians in the Middle East: The Lives and Livelihoods of Refugees and Their Hosts. The World Bank. Forthcoming. With Nandini Krishnan, Tara Vishwanath, Monica Biradavolu, Kevin Carey, Matthew Groh, Meghan Lucas, Nethra Palaniswamy, Flavio Russo Riva, Dhiraj Sharma, Thomas Ginn and Jacob Goldston.
- “‘Giving More’ Through Direct Cash Aid.” Refugees Deeply. July 20, 2016.
- “Giving Better: Lessons from Cash Grants for Syrian Refugees in Lebanon.” AUB IFI Policy Brief. 2015. Also published in Arabic.
- “Impact Evaluation of the 2014-15 Winter Cash Assistance Programme for Syrian Refugees in Lebanon.” UNHCR. September 2015. With Khalil El Asmar.
- “Impact Evaluation of a Cash-Transfer Programme for Syrian Refugees in Lebanon.” Field Exchange. November 2014. With Christian Lehmann.
- “Emergency Economies: The Impact of Cash Assistance in Lebanon.” International Rescue Committee report. September 2014. With Christian Lehmann.
- “An American Dream: The Broken Iraqi Refugee Resettlement Program and How to Fix It.” Harvard Kennedy School Review. Spring 2010.
- Teaching Fellow and Section Leader for PLSC 512 “The Design and Analysis of Randomized Field Experiments,” taught by Professor Alex Coppock. Yale University, Department of Political Science. Spring Semester 2017
- Teaching Fellow and Section Leader for PLSC 504 “Advanced Quantitative Methods,” taught by Pro- fessor Allan Dafoe. Yale University, Department of Political Science. Fall Semester 2014
- Course Assistant for DPI 101 C “Political Institutions and Public Policy,” taught by Professor Tarek Masoud. Harvard Kennedy School. Spring Semester 2011
- Course Assistant for IGA 101 “International Relations: Theory and Practice,” taught by Professors Stephen Walt and Matthew Baum. Harvard Kennedy School. Fall Semester 2010
- Course Assistant for IGA 207 “Middle Eastern Politics and Policy,” taught by Professor Tarek Masoud. Harvard Kennedy School. Spring Semester 2010
- Lebanon (1 month), Dissertation research, May 2017
- Lebanon (20 months), Dissertation research, February 2015 – October 2016
- Lebanon (10 months), Language study and research, October 2013 – August 2014
- Lebanon (1 month), Language study, Summer 2012
- Jordan (1 month), Masters research, January 2011
- Yemen (3 months), Masters research, Summer 2010
- Yemen (2 months), Language study, Summer 2008
- Syria (12 months), Work (UNHCR) and language study, May 2007 – May 2008
- Egypt (9 months), Study-abroad (AUC), August 2004 – May 2005
Fluent Levantine Arabic, advanced Modern Standard Arabic