Sr. Scientific Researcher, Department of Translational Oncology @ Genentech
The Department of Translational Oncology at Genentech is seeking a highly talented, driven and motivated Senior Scientific Researcher to join a group of investigators evaluating novel therapies in the field of cancer immunotherapy. The candidate will explore mechanism of action focusing on both innate and adaptive immune infiltrates, understanding treatment mediated phenotypic and functional changes and exploring potential combinatorial strategies as well as helping to elucidate biomarkers of response. The candidate will work closely with discovery scientists to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise. This position requires in vitro bench work focusing heavily on flow cytometry and other cellular in vitro functional assays.
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- PhD in immunology, oncology, biology or related discipline coupled with post-doctoral experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant hands-on experience
- Track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Good understanding of innate and adaptive immunity
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays, including advanced flow cytometry (8+ colors), cell isolation from tissues, cellular immunological assays, and molecular biology
- Familiarity with in vivo models of immune disease or oncology
- Adept at independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present research at intra- and inter-departmental meetings