Research Scientist, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Position: Research Scientist I, Computational Genomics
Req ID: 9766BR
Location: San Diego, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with expertise in method development for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data, gene expression analysis (RNA-Seq), single-cell characterization, statistical genetics (genome-wide association studies), evolutionary sequence analysis, or text mining (or a related bioinformatic skill) to join Vertex’s research site in San Diego, CA. You will report directly to the Sr. Director of the Computational Genomics group. The
role we seek to fill focuses on developing and applying computational methods to (1) analyze NGS data sets for CRISPR-based functional genomic screens and (2) support therapeutic gene editing projects.
– PhD degree in computer science, human genetics/genomics, or a related field in the biological data sciences.
– 0-4 years of productive, relevant post-doctoral and/or industry experience.
– Solid understanding of statistics and expertise in R, Bioconductor, and one or more scripting languages: (Python, Perl, BioPython, BioPerl).
– In-depth knowledge of genome annotation (e.g. Ensembl and UCSC) and pathway biology resources.
– A proven track record in the analysis of large “omics” data sets (e.g. RNA-seq, whole-genome/exome sequencing).
– Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively across our global research organization.
Please feel free to reach out me at email@example.com to learn more.