McKinsey APD Diversity Impact Award
At McKinsey you don’t just come to work, you come to change – to change a client’s perspective on a challenging issue, to change your growing capabilities into expertise, and to change the world around you. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture enriches creativity, innovation, and problem-solving abilities. With the APD Diversity Impact Award, we celebrate and support diverse candidates who strive to meaningfully change the world.
Award recipients will receive a financial award to celebrate the impact they are having during graduate school and/or plan to have during their summer employment, volunteer work, or research in the business or public sector.
McKinsey will select award winners to receive:
- $1,500 merit scholarship
- A McKinsey mentor and an ongoing connection to the McKinsey community
- A guaranteed invitation to interview with us
What are the eligibility requirements?
Eligible applicants will:
- Identify as being Black/African American and/or Hispanic/Latino
- Receive their PhD, Postdoc, or MD degree between May 2019 and December 2020
How do I apply?
Submit the following by January 22, 2018 at 11:59 PM:
- Current resume (in PDF format)
- Short answers (100 – 150 words per response) addressing the following questions (attach in PDF format in “Other Documents” in your application):
1. Describe your most meaningful achievement and how this relates to your field of study and/or your future goals
2. Have you had impact at your school through a campus, social, or other organization or effort that you would like to share?
Applications must be completed online here
and only complete applications will be considered. Students may only submit one application and group submissions will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be evaluated in February 2018 on their application materials as well as one round of interviews that will be 30 minutes in length. No prior business knowledge is required.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by March 2018.
For more information, check out the website.