If you notice sluggishness or loss of functionality when using TurningPoint, check to see if other PowerPoint add-ins are causing conflicts. Here are steps to temporarily disable PowerPoint add-ins as a way to test for conflicts.*
- Launch PowerPoint via the TurningPoint icon.
- Click the File tab and select “Options” from the left-hand column list.
- In the PowerPoint Options window, select “Add-Ins” from the left-hand column. If “Active Application Add-ins” are present from the list (excluding TurningPoint), go to the bottom of the window, select “Manage: COM Add-ins” from the drop-down menu and click the “Go…” button.
- In the COM Add-Ins window, deselect all the available add-ins from the list with the exception of “TurningPoint” and click the “OK” button.
- Test TurningPoint to see if any improvement is made to the application environment.
- If you don’t notice improvements, you can easily re-enable plug-ins by following the steps and re-checking the appropriate add-in boxes from the COM Add-Ins list.
TurningTechnologies known issues with additional PowerPoint Add-ins: