Ask Your Question
Yale Medical Links
- All about OCD: its causes and various manifestations:
- Stemming the rise of childbirth complications
- I read that there is a big rise in asthma cases in Connecticut and throughout New England, and especially in New Haven. Why is this?
- When we learned that Britain’s Kate Middleton was hospitalized due to “acute morning sickness,” many people had questions about the condition – how it differs from ordinary morning sickness experienced by pregnant women, and what it might mean for Kate and the baby she is expecting with her husband, Prince William. For answers, we turned to Christian Pettker, M.D., of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Yale School of Medicine.
- I had a mammogram, but because I have dense breast tissue, my doctor suggested that I have another test, an ultrasound. What is the benefit of this second test, and can it detect problems that may escape mammogram detection?
- acid reflux
- back pain
- blood pressure
- breast cancer
- heart disease
- infectious disease
- lung cancer
- lung disease
- pancreatic cancer
- prostate cancer
- side-effects of medications
- sinus infections
- skin cancer
- type 1 diabetes
- vitamin D
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Geoffrey Chupp, M.D., is an associate professor of pulmonary and critical care at Yale School of Medicine, and a leading practitioner of bronchial thermoplasty, a non-drug procedure for adults with severe asthma that is not well-controlled with inhaled medications. Dr. … Continue reading
Although people of any age can get type 1 diabetes (which used to be referred to as ‘juvenile diabetes’), it most often strikes adolescents and teenagers. Beginning with diagnosis, diabetics must learn to inject themselves with insulin on a regular … Continue reading
Do I need to supplement my Vitamin D? I hear it is so important for cancer protection and other health benefits.
For the answer, we turned to Yale endocrinologist Elizabeth Holt, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor at Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Holt writes: “Vitamin D is needed to help calcium from your food reach the skeleton, where it keeps bones strong. … Continue reading